Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'll Fight And Defend

Today is a sad day for me. Happy, too, though. One of my friends is watching the kittens while I'm away at a horse show. I'm dropping them off at her house this evening, and she'll be watching them until I'm able to pick them up on Monday. Joy recently had to have her senior cat put down. She had him for 20 years, I think. Joy is a cat person, through and through. Her roommate is also a cat person. Not only are they cat people, but they are great cat owners - guardians - whatever you want to call it. There's a chance that Gray and Minnie might not be coming back. They might just find their permanent home at Joy's. As I'm typing this, they are sticking their paws in their food bowl and fishing little pieces out... then playing with the pieces of food as if it is the greatest toy known the kitten-kind. Let me mention that there's probably about $25 worth of toys in the room with them right now! Kittens can find joy in the simplest of things. Maybe we need to learn a little something from them?

However, these two do need a home, and I couldn't be happier if Joy chooses to keep them. What a wonderful life they'd live! She already said she knows she's going to fall in love with the black one. They are two peas in a pod. While Gray doesn't like to snuggle, she's very playful and just adores her sister! It would be hard to separate the two.

So, anyway, today is bittersweet, and I might possibly be feeling sad for no reason - because there's a chance that they might not find a home there. Time will only tell. They are pretty irresistible, though! For now, I'm just spending a little quality time with them before I pack up their stuff and send them off. Same with Jackson. One of my friends is watching him, too, while I'm away. Brody is the lucky one. He gets to come with me. He knows the drill unlike Jackson. He grew up going to horse shows. Poor Jackson just can't stand to be apart from me, so it's hard to let him tag along when I need to be riding, working, etc. I hate leaving my animals behind... but at least I know that I have completely capable and loving friends taking care of them while I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment