Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Chaos is a friend of mine."

My house is pure chaos.
I've stepped in puddles of pee.
I've cleaned up explosive diarrhea while gagging and trying not to breathe.
My days revolve around making sure the dogs get enough playtime.
My days begin between 5AM-6AM and don't end until after 11PM most nights.
Nights are spent contorting my body to a position in which all of the dogs also fit on the bed.
The cats make "music" throughout the night by knocking everything off of everything.
I spend unimaginable amounts of money on litter, meat for the dogs, cat/ferret food, bedding for the ferrets/snake, bowls, toys, paper towels, leashes, collars, vet visits, and so on...
I can't be away from the dogs for more than 4 hours without getting anxious.
I've come home to eaten remotes, rolls of paper towels, plasticware (stolen out of the sink!), mail, dog beds, and quite a few other items.
Vacation is practically unimaginable... and when I do leave... I'm always worried about the animals.
I sweep/vacuum multiple times a day... and there's STILL hair everywhere.
I have to walk most of the dogs separately... and I usually have anywhere between 3-5 at a time!
It's loud, messy, exhausting, and chaotic.

But... I wouldn't trade that chaos for anything.

I'm greeted by wagging tails daily... and Gloria the Cat.
I can't not laugh when I watch the dogs run into the backyard and imagine a herd of horses.  That's what it sounds like!
There's nothing better than waking up to the sound of thumping tails.
Looking outside and seeing all of the dogs sunbathing on the deck makes me happy.
When the dogs are outside, the cats sit around me and purr.
I get a box at restaurants just to bring my dogs home the leftovers.
They know when I'm sad.
They listen when I talk.
They give me kisses, let me hug them, and allow me to torture them by taking thousands of pictures.
Anything obnoxious that they've done before can't outweigh the love they have given me.
I love my pets... whether they drive me crazy or not.
I'd be lost without them.








So, yes, my life is chaotic.  I'm sleep-deprived, my wallet is empty, I feel like I work... but don't have a job, but... most importantly... my heart is full.

Peace, Love, and Paw Prints... Emily

2 comments: