Monday, December 17, 2012

"Love is patient, love is kind."

Because tomorrow is a special day... a day that I want to write about... I'm trying hard to catch up on what I haven't written about in the last few months.

That brings me to Trixie.  Honestly I can't remember if Trixie came when I still had Hallie or if she came after Hallie had been adopted.  There have been so many "double fosters" in the last six months
that I can't remember when I've had four dogs or five dogs in the house.  It all kind of blends together these days.

Trixie wasn't supposed to end up staying... but I feel like half of the dogs that have come to my house "to visit" have ended up not leaving until they were adopted!  Long story short, Trixie stayed.  And Trixie has yet to leave.  She's been in the rescue since mid-September, my house since the end of October, and really hasn't had much interest.  I'm not sure why.  She's sweet, beautiful, a good size, and a GREAT snuggle buddy!  On top of that, she gets along well with other dogs and cats!  I guess that perfect home will come along eventually.

I love her.  I really do.  However, I suppose after fostering for so long, I've found a "type" that I prefer in my house.  There's nothing wrong with her.  She's house-trained and crate-trained... and under proper supervision, she doesn't chew inappropriately and is simply happy to snuggle up on the couch or get crazy out in the yard with the other dogs.  However, with five dogs in the house, I cannot give Trixie as much attention as she would like.  She gets what she needs and is happy... but I'd love to see her in a new foster home soon... or even better, a forever home.  Trixie wants to play with toys out in the yard.  She wants to snuggle up next to someone on the couch and sleep in the bed at night.  She wants to go for long walks... and maybe even a swim once in a while.  However... my house is full.  Brody doesn't want to share his toys with her.  Lyla doesn't want to give up her spot next to me on the couch for Trixie... though they enjoy nothing more than a good romp outside together!  She's happy... but I think she'd be a lot happier in a home where she can get more attention.  I try to enhance the lives of the dogs in my house as much as I possibly can... and I truly feel guilty that I don't have the time or resources to give Trixie the attention that she deserves.  Clearly she's not deprived... but I know she wants more.

So, please spread the word about this sweet, young lady and help us get her in a home in which she CAN curl up on the couch and snuggle, play with toys, or go on a long walk with her family.  Trixie would love nothing more than to find a forever home for the holidays.  She truly deserves it.  I can't put into words how sweet this little pooch is.  You have to meet her to get it.

And... like I said... tomorrow is an important day.  There will be a lot to write about... and even more to catch up on.  I'm not even sure if I'm ready to write about it... but I'll try.

Peace, Love, and Paw Prints... Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment