Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Sweetest Friend

Zoe is doing well and certainly settling in after being with me for about a week and a half. She did have a couple accidents in her crate... but I kind of blame myself. She doesn't just go to go. She goes because she has to go. If she doesn't get enough time outside or get to go on a long enough walk, she won't hesitate to go inside. She doesn't do it to be bad, though. She just has to go! When you gotta go, you gotta go!

Everyone at the barn adores her. She's adorable! How could you not?! Even my dad and his wife think that she's just precious. My mom, too! They'd really love her if they got to see how playful and entertaining she is when she feels comfortable! She's kind of like me in that sense. She's a different dog when she's in her "comfort zone". Just like me!

I'll admit that I've had a couple bouts of sadness thinking about giving her up to another family. My purpose, however, is to foster many more dogs in the near and far future, so I have no other choice than to let Zoe move on and bring joy to some other person or family. I think the hardest part about it is that I know how anxious she is at first. She's a completely different dog now than she was the first couple days I had her. But... just like she did with me... she'll surely warm up to someone else just as quickly. Of course I'll miss her... but I know she'll go to someone who is just perfect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment