Friday, October 1, 2010

I Don't Believe In Fairytales


I just got a text from the rescue saying that Zoe will be going to her new home tomorrow. I swear my heart skipped a beat when I read it. I'm excited for Zoe and the fact that she will finally have a permanent home. But I'm sad, too.

Long story short, it turned out that the test that said she was HW+ wasn't accurate. The blood work came back negative for HW. Thank goodness! Zoe still met with her potential adopters last Saturday, and they loved her. So... off she goes to her new family tomorrow. They have a couple other Shiba Inus, so they are familiar with the breed and everything.

I knew that the time was coming... but it was still kind a shock when Jessica (from the rescue) told me. I'm going to miss the princess! A lot! But thank goodness that she'll live out the rest of her life with a loving family. Just what she deserves after a rough start to life!

Let's just hope that I can hold it together tomorrow when she leaves. At least until the door shuts. Then I can blubber like a baby in private.

No comments:

Post a Comment