Friday, March 11, 2011

I am a dog person. Accept me as I am.

*Sighs* Isn't it funny that a simple comment can irritate you so much?

I realize that I have a lot of dogs. My friend made a comment that upset me today. In reference to what someone else said, Friend X said, "Well, you do have a lot of dogs. You always have the issue of figuring out what to do with the dogs when you go out of town. Like what are you going to do with them when we go to the horse show?" I responded with, "My dogs make me happy. I wouldn't be a happy person without them."

It's just annoying that there are VERY few people that understand. You would think that Friend X would understand... since she's my best friend. Accept me for who I am. Deal with it. I realize that I have limitations on where I can go and for how long since I have to make arrangements for my dogs. While I hate to send my horse without me, if it came down to it, I'd happily stay home with my kids.

My dogs are my life. My life practically revolves around them, and they have fulfilled my life and more ways than one. If you don't like the fact that I worry about my dogs more than the typical person, then just live with it. This is my destiny.

Peace, Love, & Paw Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment