I wasn't sure which blog to post this in... so I decided to post it in both. I'm compiling a list of "the things we do for our dogs"... so be prepared for additions... because something always comes up!
1. I prop my door to the backyard open so the dogs can go in and out as they please... even if it means me freezing my butt off.
1.5. I sweat my butt off at night surrounded by dogs just so I don't disturb their rest. It gets hot when you're surrounded by a bunch of heaters (dogs).
2. I avoid going out of town just so I don't have to leave them. I still haven't brought myself to trust a petsitter or a boarding facility.
3. I go to the pet store to buy dog food with what money I have left rather than going to the grocery store to by myself food. The dogs certainly come before I do!
4. I up my power bill by leaving the television on Animal Planet for my dogs when I'm gone.
5. I come home to chewed up paper towels, toilet paper, plastic containers, mail, blankets, etc. because I feel like crating a dog for 5+ hours just isn't "right". Logically, I know it's not a bad idea, but I'd rather clean up shredded toilet paper than keep my dog cooped up for 5+ hours in a crate during the day. Side Note: I always worry that something will happen... and I won't be able to get home for a long time. I'd rather them piss and shit in the house and have access to water than go without! (I don't disagree with crate training. I'm just a softy. I KNOW my pup and 2-year-old would benefit from it... but I still can't bring myself to crate them.)
6. I treat my foster dogs to a "going away meal" of Burger King hamburgers!
More to be added as things I do for my dogs comes up.
Peace, Love, & Paw Prints