Monday, March 14, 2011

It's time to go home.


I've had a rough few nights, so I put off writing this for most of the day after I found out. Now it's time for bed, and I'm ready to spill the beans.

Memphis will be adopted on Saturday. The family that met him wants to adopt him, and they even adopted another Beagle recently! Memphis will have a friend! I was a little worried about the lack of a canine sibling, but now there's nothing to worry about!

I feel like I've had Memphis for years. I guess it's just that he ended up fitting in so well with my dogs. We've gone through a lot together over the last couple of months, and I won't fail to admit that he tried my patience more often than not. But it was when he snuggled up with me and wedged his snout under my chin that I forgot everything that made me irritated with him in the first place. This dog has a heart of gold and is going to teach this family a lot about loving a dog unconditionally. Bittersweet, as always.

Peace, Love, & Paw Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment