Thursday, March 24, 2011

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Candy and Mandy had an eventful and joyous morning!  After catching a glance of my dogs every so often since Monday evening, the girls were finally allowed to come out of quarantine and meet face to face.  There were wagging bodies, kisses, and a whole lot of chaos.  Once the newness of it wore off, I got different reactions from each of my dogs.  Jackson became very jealous and needy and kept giving me that look of disappointment... like... "I can't believe you are doing this to me again."  Brody's reaction was the most amusing, though.  He looked at me with his ears back and his brown eyes wide and startled as if to say, "Puppies?  Again?  I don't know if I can handle that.  Are you sure they aren't just here to visit for a couple days?"  Lyla, on the other hand, acted as if I had just given her the best gift in the entire world.  Sisters!  What could be better than a couple sisters in a house full of boys?!



I rarely have anything negative to say about any of my dogs, fosters or not.  I certainly have nothing negative to say this time!  I've never met such well-behaved puppies!  They are 3-months-old and basically house trained.  There haven't been any accidents... at all... even when they are running around in the living room with my dogs.  They go potty immediately when I let them out into the backyard.  They sleep through the night.  They are sweet, smart, and just really quite lovely animals to be around.  It sure is too bad that I don't have a huge house with a lot of land and an endless amount of money.  I'd keep these two in a heartbeat... even though I always say I don't ever want to own puppies again!

But since I don't have a huge house, lots of land, and lots of money... I'm just going to have fun with these buggers while I can!  Whoever gets either of these girls is going to have a blast!



So, for now, I'll sit here on my couch with my 5 dogs and soak it up while I can.  I'm perfectly happy doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment